Summer is right around the corner, which means it’s time to fire up the grill. And if you’re the Martha Stewart of grilling you will appreciate this blog:
All About Outdoor Kitchens!
The popularity of outdoor kitchens has been on the rise in recent years. You now have more choices in appliances than ever. More choices in appliances mean more choices in slabs. Are you ready for this, let your backyard turn heads! The key to a beautiful outdoor kitchen is durability. Remember your outdoor cabinets and surfaces must withstand all weather conditions, whether you have four seasons or a heat wave all year long. Make sure everything is recommended for exterior use. Check out the following three options, which one is your favorite?
Quartz: Diresco Belgian Quartz
Diresco Belgian Quartz now features BIO-UV Technology which not only makes the slabs environmentally friendly but suitable for outdoor use. Diresco BIO-UV surfaces are composed of 93% natural quartz granulate, a mineral found in abundance throughout the world. The remaining 7% of content consists of resin and pigment. Featuring only BIO based resins. The resins are environmentally sound and vegetal in origin. (And who isn’t all about green nowasays!)
In the past, the impact of the sun and its damaging ultraviolet light has prevented quartz from being applied outdoors. Luckily, this dated constraint is no longer an issue when using Diresco quartz surfaces. With the new BIO-UV Technology the surfaces are equipped to yield optimum weather resistance. The surfaces are exceedingly robust and will withstand the insidious creep of dampness, frost, and corrosion.
MULTIPLE FINISHES TO COMPLIMENT YOUR STYLE
Diresco BIO-UV surfaces come in either a Velvet, Polished or Anticato finish. The care and maintenance for these three finishes is incredibly simple and easy. The question is, what finish is most suitable for your design?
MULTIPLE THICKNESSES TO SUIT YOUR PROJECT
Diresco BIO-UV surfaces are available in large format, with a gaurenteed usable surface measurement of 125” x 61”. Our surfaces are available in 1.2cm, 2cm, and 3cm thicknesses. The combination of our large format slabs, multiple thicknesses, and multiple finishes provides significant design possibilities. Interior, exterior, countertop, vanity, floor, or cladding, Diresco has you covered. Dream big, hone your vision, and fall in love with your design.
Porcelain: Antolini Tech Slabs
Porcelain slabs are quickly gaining popularity and becoming the material of choice. And we can see why, aside from how simply stunning these slabs are – they are also durable, versatile and low maintenance.
The Antolini Tech Porcelain Collection Slabs are available in 10 new colors ranging in both polish and satin 1.2 slabs. The Antolini Tech Porcelain Collections Slabs are created by compacting material such as clays, feldspars, kaolin and quartz sands, baked in ovens at very high temperatures. With the size of 63×126, the Antolini Tech slabs are suitable for most varied applications.
Pyrolithic Stone: GEOLUXE
(*Please Check With Your T&M Rep for Local Availability)
Right about now, you’re probably asking yourself what is Pyrolithic Stone!? “Pyrolithic Stone” is 100% mineral-based material made from the patented GeoMimicry Forming Technology which enables realistic marble-like veins throughout slab body. GEOLUXE has no porosity which makes it resistant to stain, scratching, high acid, low water absorption and easy to clean.
With zero percent resin component, GEOLUXE has no problem with UV and can be installed in both outdoor and indoor kitchens.
With very low porosity, just soap and water or a mild detergent is all required for daily maintenance.
With 100% of mineral based materials, GEOLUXE has low porosity and low water absorption which won’t draw any humidity from leftover food that can create harmful bacteria.